Epiphone EL-00 Acoustic Guitar
The Epiphone EL-00 Pro Electro Acoustic Guitar is a small-bodied acoustic guitar reissued by Epiphone to recreate the L-00 model favoured by early blues guitarists, such as Robert Johnson and Lonnie Johnson.
The Epiphone EL-00 features a solid spruce top with select mahogany back and sides. The EL-00 also has a rosewood fretboard on a mahogany neck, decorated with pearloid dot inlays.
The wide 'C'-shape neck profile means that the EL-00 is ideal for fingerpicking or slide guitar, while the combination of a rosewood bridge and a small 'parlour' body shape helps to create a warm, natural tone, as well as making the guitar incredibly comfortable to play.
The Epiphone EL-00 acoustic guitar is finished in a smart vintage sunburst with white binding and a tortoise shell pickguard featuring Epiphone's historic metal 'E' logo, representing its 1930s original to great effect.
Epiphone is proud to re-introduce the classic Epiphone EL-00 PRO Acoustic/Electric with the superb Fishman™ Sonitone™ preamp and Fishman SonicoreTM pickup system. Fishman™ is an industry leader in bringing a guitar’s true acoustic tone to bigger stages. The SonicoreTM pickup is set underneath the saddle. The Sonitone™ sound-hole preamp is an active preamp mounted in the soundhole with easy-to-access mounted rotary controls for Master Volume and Tone adjustment. Now you can make your adjustments during soundcheck and even fine adjustments on-the-fly during your set. No more running back and forth to your amp or the soundboard! Finally, your tone is in your hands right where you need it. The active preamp is powered by a single 9-volt battery. You can connect your Epiphone EL-00 PRO to a PA or amp of your choice with a standard ¼” instrument cable. Batteries typically last up to 100 hours.
- Top Material: Solid Spruce
- Body Material: Select Mahogany
- Neck Material: Select Mahogany
- Neck Shape: SlimTaper™; D profile
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Frets: 19; medium
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Neck Joint Glued-In; Dovetail
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood with pearloid Dot inlays
- Binding Fingerboard - 1 ply (black)
- Headstock - None
- Body Top - 3-ply (white/black)
- Body Back - 1 ply (white)
- Bridge: Rosewood; Straight
- Saddle: Compensated; Imitation Bone
- Pickguard: Imitation Tortoise with vintage metal "E"
- Machine Heads: Grover™ with mini-buttons; 14:1
- Electronics: Fishman™ Sonitone™ sound-hole preamp
- Controls:Master Volume, Master Tone
- Power: One - 9V battery
- Pickup: Fishman™ Sonicore™ (under saddle)
- Output Jack: Endpin
- Strap Buttons: Yes. Pre-installed
- Hardware: Nickel