Martin D-35 Re-Imagine Acoustic Guitar
Martin D-35 Re-Imagined Product Overview Steven James
One of the most significant upgrades to Martin's flagship
acoustics in years, the Re-Imagined series takes the iconic models
of Martin's past and updates them whilst still staying true to
their original appeal.
One of the most popular models in the Martin range, the D-35 is
a dreadnought acoustic constructed of an East Indian
Rosewood back and sides, delivering full, rich tones and
a Sitka spruce top for that vibrancy that
comes as part of the parcel with a Martin guitar.
All Martin guitars go through a PLEK machine which assures the
consistency of the product, almost eliminating the chance of
buzzing and overall creating a much more playable guitar.
The guitar's neck has been crafted from Select
Hardwood, a very stable neck that will give you
clear upper-mid sparkle.
The biggest change that Martin has made from the previous
model is the introduction of forward-shifted
bracing, giving the guitar more resonance than ever
- Model: D-35 Re-Imagine
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Top Detail: None
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X Brace
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 1/4"
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 35
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: Antique White
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Binding: Antique White
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Side Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Detail: N/A
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Heelcap: Antique White with Multi-Stripe
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Fingerboard Binding Material: Antique White
- Side Dots: Black
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Back and Sides Color: None
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Color: Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Recommended Strings: SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Knob: Large
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Faux Tortoise
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Case: Molded Hardshell